About Race for a Reason:
Race for a Reason is a fun and flexible way to raise funds for the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) by participating in the event of your choice. Create your own event or participate in an existing event -- athlete or otherwise.
Everyone deserves to feel the power of crossing a finish line. By participating in Race for a Reason, you help fund the adaptive equipment, training and mentoring needed to get challenged athletes in the game - and to the finish line. Money raised will help the Challenged Athletes Foundation® (CAF) provide individuals with physical challenges with the tools necessary to find success in sports — and in life.
Race for a Reason Participant Benefits:
- Fundraising web page where supporters can donate directly online
- Motivational emails and fundraising tools/assistance from CAF's event managers
- CAF branded t-shirt and water bottle once you reach $100
- Opportunity to earn great incentive prizes including custom CAF running and cycling gear
Registration Fee and Fundraising Minimum:
- There is a one-time $25 fee upon registration.
- No fundraising minimum amount is required.
2016 Race for a Reason Fundraising Rules
1. A $25 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required to register as an individual to fundraise for Race for a Reason.
2. Please mail your fundraising donations (checks/offline credit card donations) to the Deni + Jeff Jacobs Challenged Athletes Center at 9591 Waples Street, San Diego, CA 92121) as you receive them. Please make checks payable to the Challenged Athletes Foundation and be sure to clearly mark your name on the donations/checks you send in and we will track your progress.
3. Donated product does not count towards your fundraising goal unless the CAF was going to purchase that product anyway. Fundraising credit would be for the price CAF was going to pay. Prior approval must be received from the CAF Executive Director.
4. If you want to sell sponsorship for CAF as part of your fundraising strategy, you must notify Nancy Reynolds, Director of Business Devlopment at email@example.com. She can provide you with sponsorship packages, which you can present to potential sponsors. She will also let you know if another participant is pursuing the same company. The first person to bring in the sponsor will receive fundraising credit.
5. You may pursue grant-writing on behalf of CAF. You must send in the complete written proposal to Nancy Reynolds, Director of Business Development for approval and signature. We reserve the right to deny submission if it is not written according to CAF's guidelines. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-210-3516.
6. All corporate matching funds must be in our office no later than Dec 31, 2016. We will accept a written letter from your company stating the exact amount that will be distributed and the date it will be sent. All checks must be in to the CAF office no later than Dec 31, 2016 in order to count for your 2016 fundraising.
Incentive Prize Rules
1. Fundraising dollars towards prizes are over and above your entry fee.
2. You can only choose one incentive prize. Prizes are not cumulative.
3. If your incentive prize is valued $600 or greater, you will be required to fill out IRS Form W-9 before receiving your gift.
4. Winners may substitute a prize from a lower level.
5. Teams can combine their fundraising dollars to get one joint prize, or they may fundraise individually
6. CAF reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Challenged Athletes Foundation
9591 Waples St.
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: 858.866.0959 | Fax: 858.866.0958
501c3 Tax ID #33-0739596
For assistance with registration and fundraising, contact Joanna McGowan at email@example.com or 858-210-3512.