Miles By Molly - Welcome to my fundraising page!
I grew up outside playing basically every sport, whether it was out front in the street, or in an organized league. Starting at age seven, my goal was to become a collegiate athlete and I’m proud to say I made it happen! I decided to play field hockey in college, where I had a very successful career on and off the field. I was a three time All-American, four time Academic All-American, captain, broke nearly every record the field hockey program had, and set some new ones of my own.
As you can see, sports have been a huge part of my life and have made me the hard-working, self-assured, go-getter person I am today. I was fortunate enough to be born with full physical capabilities, and to be frank, I took it for granted up until a few years ago. Sports create a sense of confidence, community, inclusion, and empowerment. I believe everyone deserves a chance to participate in such meaningful experiences.
Now, I am challenging myself by running across the country (CA to NY) to help raise funds and awareness for those who challenge themselves every day at Challenged Athletes Foundation. I want to use my God-given athletic ability to help others find theirs. This 3,000 mile journey is going to be my biggest challenge yet…and that’s the point! My intention is to spread awareness, promote inclusion, and unite people along the way.
By making a donation towards my fundraising goal you will provide individuals with physical challenges with the tools necessary to find success in sports — and in life!
To put things into persective:
- $50 grants a WCMX athlete a 1-month kids skate park membership
- $100 covers the entry fee for a wheelchair racer’s first marathon of the season
- $250 provides 2 months of specialized adaptive Crossfit coaching
- $1,000 sends wounded veteran to Warrior Games
- $2,500 travel grant for child + parent to come to CAF 3-day Adaptive Kids Surf Camp
- $10,000 is equipment and travel expenses for a Winter Paralympian to compete in PyeongChang, South Korea at the 2018 Paralympics.
- $15,000 for a running foot for an amputee child
Thank you for your support, much love!