This is the Final Year of the Million Dollar Challenge where we help The Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) raise money to help people with physical challenges pursue an active lifestyle through physical fitness and athletics. CAF’s mission is clear: give those with the desire to live active, competitive lifestyles every opportunity to compete in the sports they love.
We have joined forces with a combined goal to make sure these athletes will be able to participate in sports that they love dear. Team Ohio/Utah has been supporting CAF for many years. We are so excited to all participate in this tremendous effort! We hope to enlist each of you in reaching this goal. Laurie & I have loved this cause and have adopted it into our DNA. Please Join us by giving any amount possible. Everything helps from the lemonade stands our kids are doing all the way up to corporate donations. Lets make this happen for these athletes one more time!
By making a donation towards our fundraising goal you will provide individuals with physical challenges with the tools necessary to find success in sports — and in life!
Your donation is 100% tax deductible
www.challengedathletes.org | CAF is a 501c3 non-prot, Tax ID #33-073959
CAF Fast Facts
- The Challenged Athletes Foundation® (CAF) is a unique nonprofit organization that helps people with physical challenges live full, active lives through participation in sports and an active lifestyle.
- Often times the expensive cost of adaptive sports equipment can be an obstacle that keeps those with physical disabilities on the sidelines.
- Most medical insurance does not cover adaptive sports equipment; they deem these “luxury” items. CAF believes sport is a right and works to overcome this economic barrier.
- CAF creates opportunities for community and mentorship so that people can learn from those that have gone before them and can also be inspired to set new athletic goals.
- In 2020, CAF funded 3,921 individual grants totaling $5.9M across 103 different sports and in all 50 states + Puerto Rico and 42 countries around the world.
- In an Olympic/Para-Olympic Year, CAF will have supported 40%-50% of Team USA Athletes in their athletic journey.
- CAF’s global partners include global prosthetics partner Össur, Nike, YMCA, Smoothie King and Accenture.
- Participation in sports at any level increases self-esteem, encourages independence and enhances quality of life.
- Sports and an active lifestyle are a springboard to success in life.
- Sports and an active lifestyle should be accessible to everyone.
How CAF serves people with physical challenges
- Grants to individuals for sport related expenses not covered by insurance - adaptive sports equipment like prosthetic running feet, handcycles and sport wheelchairs. Travel, training and competition expenses.
- Camps & clinics – running & mobility, para-triathlon, swimming, adaptive cycling, wheelchair basketball, sit volleyball and more.
- Support for wounded veterans and first responders through Operation Rebound.
- Mentorship & community to empower individuals, strengthen communities and create new opportunities for all.
What It All Costs
$30,000 = a set of prosthetic running legs for a growing child
$15,000 = outdoor chair for cycling on trails
$5,000 = a custom track chair
$3,000 = a racing chair
$2,500 = a basketball wheelchair
$2,000 = a Hockey Sled + equipment
LETS DO THIS!!!